Oh, to be young again with your whole life in front of you and the thought of middle age a good distance away. I don’t mean to sound morbid but my imminent arrival into middle age has got me thinking all kinds of whimsical thoughts regarding ‘living the dream’ or at least a little excitement to break the days up ( there I go again).
My first thought is to do a bit of travelling, maybe see some of the world and experience different cultures. However, as I’m now getting on a bit, I also want a bit of relaxation time as well. In fact I want the best of both worlds – a bit of excitement as well as a bit of a rest (not asking for much am I). Anyway, it’s now occurred to me that the type of travel I will need is something along the lines of a coach tour or cruise as I’ve heard you can both relax as well as explore on these types of trips.
Looking further into these two possibilities, I browse the internet for websites that cater for both these types of holidays and come across a very good one called TouringAndCruising.com that offers very attractive river cruises as opposed to your usual large cruise ships which travel the sea.
One in particular interests me, its called the Enchanting Danube and travels along the Danube River, visiting some of the most beautiful places to be found in Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Linz, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary and Passau.
It begins in Budapest and ends in Passau. This amazing river cruise also has all-inclusive pricing which includes all of this:
- 7 nights all-inclusive cruise on the S.S. Maria Theresa
- The finest riverview cabins afloat, with included robes and slippers
- All meals on board, impeccably prepared using the freshest and finest local ingredients
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala dinners
- Award-winning service, with the highest staff to guest ratio in the industry
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- Complimentary use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
Included excursions and visits: 8
- Choice of Budapest city tour or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Budapest walking tour or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ Budapest bike tour
- Bratislava walking discovery tour
- Exclusive ‘Morning with the Masters’ at Vienna Art History Museum
- Choice of Vienna city tour or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Vienna walking tour
- Exclusive Mozart & Strauss concert at a Viennese palace
- Choice of Dürnstein ‘Village Day’ with exclusive Nikolaihof wine estate visit and tasting or exclusive saffron workshop with village stroll, and Melk Abbey with library visit
- Choice of full day Salzburg (lunch not provided) or Linz town and country: opera house and cider farm visit
- Choice of Passau walking discovery tour with St Stephan’s organ concert or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ bicycle ride along the Inn River or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ hike along the Ilz River
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
WOW. That’s it, I’ve convinced myself this is the once in a lifetime trip to go on – bon voyage my friends!