It breaks my heart but the time has come for us to sell our beloved caravan ‘Bubbles’. We have had some fantastic holidays in that 6 berth beauty and feel we have enriched our children’s early lives by venturing out and about in this beautiful country of ours. We never really had the confidence to travel abroad with her away from Britain but did find some truly wonderful places to visit on our own door step.
We travelled the length and breadth of our country, from Hadrian’s Wall to the beautiful little fishing villages of Cornwall, and loved every minute of it. Longleat was a high point, as was Coniston in the Lake District where we climbed the ‘The Old Man of Coniston’ (even the small children – I kid you not).
The amazing wolves at Longleat!
My two youngest taking a break and enjoying the view on ‘The Old Man of Coniston’.
The New Forest in the south of England and Stonehenge were also holiday highlights.Stonehenge in particular both fascinated and delighted our children’s sense of wonder and curiosity.
New Forest horses.
Listening to the Stonehenge info. on the head set provided.
The brilliant times we had have both enriched our lives and provided us with some of the most wonderful memories which we can treasure for ever. Now the kids are growing up, hubby and I have got to think of holidays that we can enjoy and get the most out of as a couple! We want to relax but also experience the buzz we got from touring the whole country - which brings me to the whole point of river cruising!
looking forward to more holidays with just the two of us.
We've looked at other holiday options like package holidays and Caribbean cruises but want something more intimate and culturally enlightening. Also something that won’t make me want to feel sick every five minutes! We've found quite a few river cruise liners but one really stands out called Riviera Travel. The ships sound magnificent and seem to be remarkable value for money with just about everything included in the price.
For a start, included in the price are:
- Thoroughly air conditioned public areas and individual heating controls in the cabins
- Stunning restaurant on the Main Deck serving buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and four-course dinner
- Lounge and bar to enjoy cocktails and the early risers' breakfast
- Bistro with open kitchen, large panoramic windows and al fresco seating
- Lift between Emerald, Ruby and Diamond decks
- Laundry Service
- Spa and wellness area featuring Nail Salon and Hairdressing Service
- Boutique gift shop for your holiday souvenirs
- Reception area open 24hrs
- Small splash pool and putting green on the Sun Deck
- 24hr self service station for complimentary tea & coffee
Everything that we are looking for basically – and more! Furthermore, there is also no wave motion, so no seasickness – fantastic!
But must hurry as I’ve heard these cruises are snapped up rather quickly so will be booking mine now through Touringandcruising.com as soon as possible.
I truly believe my love affair with river cruising has only just begun – wish me happy sailing!